TRAC Swim School
TRAC Swim School offer classes for children aged six months and above. In addition, we have classes for Teens, adults, squad programs and offer an extensive access and inclusion program for participants with a disability. Our aim is to assist our community to be safe in and around the water. We do this by teaching swimming and water safety in a fun and practical way.
What you need know ... All classes are held in the morning and afternoon 7 days a week and you can enroll at any time as we offer a progressive program which runs for 48 weeks of the year!
Child and Teen Classes
Access and Inclusion Classes
Lessons are for children 6months of age through to 18 years and focus on all things water safety.
$17.25 per week.This is payable fortnightly Via Direct Debit. Cancelations with 2 weeks notice.
1. One X 30 minute class per week, including free locker hire. 2. Access to our online parent portal, giving you live updates on your child's progression. 3. Members can access our pools 7 days a week.
Lessons cater for beginner and intermediate adults. Teachers will consult with you and help you reach you individual goals.
$27.10 per week . This is payable fortnightly Via Direct Debit. Cancelations with 2 weeks notice.
1. One X 45 Minute class per week, including free locker hire. 2. Members can access our pools 7 days a week. An adult memberships includes access to our Spa, Steam room and Sauna!
Classes are tailored by our trained and professional teachers to suit the needs of each participant.
Please contact our Aquatics Director via firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Learn to Swim Features
- AUSTSWIM and Swim Australia qualified Teachers
- Dedicated warm water pool
- Student achievements are rewarded with a certificate to provide a lasting record of their progress
- Classes are held in our learn to swim pool, as well as allocated lanes in our heated 25 meter pool
- Pool hall and changing rooms are a consistent 27 degrees
- A safe yet enjoyable learning environment
- Accessible pools and changing areas
- Lessons run all year round, with a 4 week break over the Christmas/New Year period
All core levels follow the YMCA Swimming Lessons guidelines. Here is a quick overview of our core levels.
Parent & Child ClassesStarfish
- 6 months to 12 months Periwinkle
- 12 months to 2 years Minnow
- 2 years to 3 years
Tadpole - Beginner classes for children aged 3yrs to School age - Your child will develop aquatic skills including floating with recovery, movement, breath control and water safety.
Goldfish- Intermediate classes for children aged 3yrs to School age- Your child will develop aquatic skills including floating with recovery,movement, breath control and water safety.
Flying Fish - Advanced classes for children aged 3yrs to School age – Children require an assessment for this levels.
Octopus - Beginner students that have minimal experience, introduction to submersion, breath control and independent movement through water.
Sardine - Independent submersion, floating and movement with feet clear of the bottom for 3m, Demonstrating independent movement with an introduction to freestyle and Backstroke .
Salmon - Demonstrate freestyle and backstroke unassisted for 12 meters. Demonstrate sculling. Swim 10 meters using efficient technique. Undertake survival activities. Introduction to breaststroke kick.
Tuna - Swim 25 meters of 2 or more strokes, using efficient stroke technique for freestyle and backstroke, and the introduction of breaststroke arms.
Dolphin - Working on swimming efficiently in all strokes including survival backstroke and sidestroke, demonstrating correct technique.
Shark - Working on swimming efficiently in all strokes, freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly including survival backstroke and sidestroke, demonstrating correct technique.