Disability Services Director
An exciting opportunity has opened at YMCA Whittlesea as the Disability Services Director.
This role will involve the development and coordination of WRAP programs, participant intake and ongoing support and communication. You will also be responsible for staff recruitment, induction and ongoing management and support.
You will need to ensure that all NDIS requirements are completed, and oversee programs, meetings and budget requirements.
As the Disability Services Director, you will:
• Be responsible for coordination and development of Whittlesea Recreational Access Programs (WRAP) for children and adults with disability
• Assist with the recruitment of program staff and maintaining ongoing staff development and accountability
• Be responsible for marketing and growing participant numbers, and ongoing support and communication
• Develop and maintain an up to date schedule of each program
Please see the attached Position Description for more detailed information.
YMCA Whittlesea Disability Services
Yspace, Shop 7, 41 Miller Street Epping VIC 3076
Sunday 2 August 2020
As the successful candidate, you will have:
• Relevant qualifications (Disability or Community Services)
• Previous management experience (minimum 2 years)
• Disability support experience
The successful applicants will hold the following current qualifications:
• Current Employee Working With Children Check
• Current National Police Check (no more than 6 months old)
• Current Level 2 First Aid (minimum HTLAID003)
• Current CPR (minimum HLTAID001)
• Tertiary qualification in Disability or Community Services
• Current Driver's Licence
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework.
YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
• A national criminal history check;
• An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
• Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/equivalent in accordance with state/territory laws;
• Three reference checks;
• Checked against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.
To apply: Submit your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to Stella.Spark@ymca.org.au by the due date of 2nd August, 2020.