23/03/2020 COVID-19 Update
As mandated by the Federal Government, all gyms and recreation centres will temporarily close as of 12:00pm (noon) today, Monday 23rd of March 2020. The following YMCA Whittlesea managed centres will be closed:
· Thomastown Aquatic & Recreation Centre
· YMCA Leisure City
· YMCA Plenty Valley
· Whittlesea Swim Centre
- There are no confirmed cases of the virus among any of our centre staff or members.
- All memberships, including for swimming lessons, will automatically be placed on suspension during the period of closure and you will not be charged.
Gyms / Recreation Centres / Indoor Pools
All YMCA Whittlesea managed gyms and recreation centres have been mandated to shut.
Aligned to the Federal Government mandate, YMCA Leisure City has been temporarily closed.
For the most up-to-date information, including best-practice hygiene and avoiding spreading the virus please refer to the following websites:
· Australian Government Department of Health
What is the YMCA doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19
· We are meticulously and frequently cleaning the centre, and encouraging patrons to take extra care with best practice hygiene and prevention measures.
· We are abiding by the 100 person cap in any one particular place
· Any staff or members who have returned home after travelling overseas are not permitted into the centre for a period of 14 days aligned to government imposed self isolation.
· Increased signage, emails and other communications will promote best practice prevention and safety (hand washing, covering cough/sneezes, staying home if sick, self isolation requirements, social distancing, etc).
· Customers showing flu-like indications (cough, fever and/or respiratory symptoms) will be asked not to use the facilities until these symptoms have cleared for a number of days.
· The YMCA has plans in place to take necessary steps both in prevention, preparedness, and response in the event of an outbreak.