YMCA Whittlesea is taking precautions to protect the community in response to corona-virus.
As the situation surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we write to reassure you that the Y Whittlesea are closely monitoring updates and following advice from government health authorities to ensure the safety of our community and as the situation and response to COVID-19 evolves, so are we.
However at this point in time, all our services and programs are running as business as usual.
We are committed to the health and wellbeing of the community and have taken additional precautionary measures such as:
- Increased signage throughout our facilities to encourage good hygiene practices.
- Have asked our staff to increase the frequency of sanitising all equipment and surfaces.
- Awareness education for our community
- Readily available hand sanitisers (including soap)
We ask our members, guests and families to please support our efforts by:
- Monitoring your health closely and staying home if you or your child feels unwell.
- Abiding by Australian Government travel isolation recommendations.
- Washing your hands often with soap.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze; if you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Avoiding unnecessary contact with others such as shaking hands and hugging etc.,
If you have any concerns, please feel free to get in contact with one of our friendly staff or visit the Department of Health and Human Services website at dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus